Saturday, May 2, 2009

Score! Summer Internship at a post production studio. (originally posted 5/10/09)

control2_full_view

I'm officially the summer intern at Creative Sound Studios in Orefield, PA. Although the Lehigh Valley has a limited amount of recording and post-production studios, I was fortunate enough to land this rare opportunity.

I'll be working between 20-30 hours a week without compensation, but what I learn over the course of the Summer will be invaluable.

My main concentration while interning will be a student project, where I take a few minutes from any film I like, and completely recreate the audio soundtrack from sound fx to dialog to music. I think the best experience in this project will be mixing in 5.1 surround sound. I can't wait!

Aside of my project, I'll also be able to help the staff with their sound editing for the truTV show, Forensic Files. Since truTV recently went HD, the episode soundtracks are now being mixed in 5.1. Ooo, boy.

In the mean time, I'll have to keep myself busy with other audio work to feed the creative monster living inside me. I know I'll spend a good deal of time learning about the equipment that Creative Sound Studios uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment